This page lists notable additions and updates to the SDK documentation and code samples.
- JCEF Support (Experimental Feature)
- Allows embedding Chromium-based browser in the IDE.
- All Code Samples converted to Gradle
- All samples now use the recommended solution of setting up plugin projects.
- Custom Language Support Tutorial converted to Gradle
- The corresponding tutorial and Testing a Custom Language Plugin have been updated and enhanced as well.
- Targeting specific IDEs
- Part VIII - Product Specific has been expanded massively, now also covering each IDE with its own dedicated page.
- Dynamic Plugins support
- Added starting point Dynamic Plugins for migrating plugins (IntelliJ Platform 2020.1 and later).
- Plugin Components migration
- Components being a legacy feature, the updated page describes migrating them to modern replacement API.
- Part X - Plugin Repository moved
- All contents have been moved to JetBrains Marketplace documentation.
- New page: Optimizing Performance
- How to improve performance working with PSI, indexing, and avoiding UI freezes.
- New Page: Kotlin UI DSL
- Describes preferred way of building UI/dialogs for IntelliJ Platform 2019.2 and later.
Last modified: 16 March 2020